Saturday, January 10, 2009

He wonders if they are going to throw her a shower

If you haven't figured it out by the title of this blog, congratulations are in order!

Our Albino Catfish is pregnant!

Photobucket

Yes!
She is huge too!
It should be any day now.

We have quarantined her for her own safety as well as her unborn fishie babies from the other predators in our tank. I am going to google her, to see if they give birth to eggs or live babies.*

You see, we had a death in our tank. One of the oldest living (now deceased, God rest her soul) fish (about 3 years).
I was devistated because just last night I had said in passing to Anth, "you know, these 2 fish we have had for like forever, they are doing so well!" He says, "uh, they will be dead in the morning, you'll see."
Low and behold, one was! Pinki was her name and I found her having the life totally sucked out of her by our sucker fish! Ewww. I called Anth immediately to tell him the tragedy that took place in the tank, told him how devastated I was...he in turn says, "please do not wish me well!"
He always knows how to make me laugh, if it were only that easy (did I say that out loud?)
Just kidding there, a little.
Anywho, I am looking forward to the newest additions to our over-crowded-already home!
God Bless us, everyone/fish!

*Breeding your Cory Catfish. Breeding the Cory is relatively easy with a large enough school for them to pair and breed. Slightly acidic water and the correct temperature are required for breeding. Abrupt changes in temp. is known to induce breeding. Try taking away 20% of water and replace it with slightly colder water. Remove fry when they become waterborne and place them in a separate tank: a 1 to 5 gallon is good.


Did anyone read the above and get if they are live babies or Fry? Fry, I am assuming, are the fishie babies. Interesting!

No comments: