Monday, September 28, 2009

Welcoming Maxi

When three becomes four.

Meet the newest member of Our Family:



For all of you who know me, I am the crazy cat lady and have had cats for over 22 years now (and that does not include before being on my own). I am so used to four that after Micki's passing it felt as if I were missing something these past few months.

My hubbie calls me one day about a month ago to come and take a look at something at work. He stressed it was NOT a dog (we have been taking about getting a dog for Brook, but I am just not ready for a dog in our apartment).
So I pack up the kids and take a look at what he is talking about.
I was handed a co-workers blackberry with a photo of the most adorable kitty I have ever seen!
She was born August 7th at 1 am and has a brother or sister (that I just wish I could have taken but just couldn't)
I saw her at about a month old. We were hoping for a boy, but then it was too early to tell.
I picked her up on Thursday the 24th and took her to the vet on Sunday. She got only 1 shot and 1 de-wormer treatment because she was too little. We are finishing up the vaccines in a month when she is bigger. We did verify that she was in fact a girl and that it was very rare for a blue eyed orange and white kitty. Long hair to boot! I may have to invest in a new brush for all this hair to come!
What a squeaky fluff she is though, she cries to be pet and when she is looking for attention. And she is such a pleasure to have around. She is already litter trained and the other three are finally tolerating her! I think they can sense that she is not going anywhere.
I cannot stop looking at her and playing with her and just loving her. Please help me welcome my newest baby!


No comments: