Friday, November 21, 2008

I love being quoted

I go to read my brother's blog (www.vinniecosta.com) today to find this post:

I just called my sister wanting to take my young niece, Brook, to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular; I called to find out when she would be off from school - not Thanksgiving weekend - so I wouldn’t be interfering with her learning - she, my sister, said, “She’s in kindergarten. I’ll just take her out of school…what is she going to miss?”

Now, in my opinion that makes my sister not a good mother, but a GREAT mother!

Radio City Christmas Spectacular: Discount Tickets at Broadwaybox.com Pictures, Images and Photos

The story behind the quote:

The other day my brother calls me up and tells me he wants to take Brook to see the Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Spectacular. I say, great.
"I guess you will have to come too" he says (wow, don't I feel special) and my response is of course, "I am not putting my baby on the train by herself, and since I am there already..."
He asks me when her next day off is and I check the school calendar.
Day after Thanksgiving? Black Friday? Uh, no.
"December 3rd or 10th is a half day, how would that be?"
He has to check and call me back.
I wait for all of 10 minutes and the phone rings.
Neither of those days are good for him,
OK.
"Why don't you tell me when it is good for you, we can go any morning or afternoon except a Tuesday or Friday" I say, and then I say (the famous quote) “She’s in kindergarten. I’ll just take her out of school…what is she going to miss?”


So he got the tickets for December 1st at 2pm.

Its a Monday, she will be just missing gym, that by the way, she has 3 times a week. She really isn't missing much at all and I don't feel too bad about it.
I guess I am a great mother!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always known that you were a great MOM-you got 2 lucky girls (and one lucky husband)plus it the Christmas show-who doesn;t want to see that. I think it can be considered education- at least that what I'm going with. Have a great time.
Ree