Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just another day at the Bronx Zoo

This was the first time (in a long time) that I have gone to the Bronx Zoo in the wintertime. It always feels wonderful to me to visit with my furry and not so furry friends as often as I can and with my own, not so furry friends.

Photobucket


We had the pleasure of sharing company with Aunt Cee Cee and company, aka Frank Jr. and my beautiful Goddaughter Josie beans.

Photobucket

I think Josie is spying a cantaloupe that another child was screaming about seeing to his mother! We were as surprised as she was when we saw half a dozen cantaloupes resting outdoors under the trees.


We saw no lions, but we did see tigers

Photobucket

Photobucket


And bears, oh my.

Photobucket

Since it was chilly (to say the least, it was down right frigid) we tried to visit with "indoor animal friends" like in the World of Birds, The Monkey House and Madagascar. Our monkeys loved it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The seals were ultra friendly and there was even a baby playing fetch with a branch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were disappointed when we saw the children's zoo closed but took a ride on the Bug Carousel instead and ended our day with that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I cannot wait to visit my friends again in March, with my biggest monkey Donna and her friend Aleina who will be staying with us a few days over college break.



No comments: