Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An Old Priest and a New Priest may be needed

When I came home from a beautiful weekend in Rhode Island, I needed to make a few maintenance phone calls.
The first one was to an orthopedist for my knee. I kind of popped it out last Wednesday while cleaning (dummy) and got an appointment for July 27th! Yeah, July 27th. That was the first available appointment so I took it. It actually feels better now, but I know me and my body...feeling better does not necessarily mean is better.
The next phone call was to NR Chevy. The steering wheel was shaking on its own as if it wanted to drive itself.
It started doing this last week and I put air in the tires and wanted to check the power steering fluid but couldn't find the stick. I found out on Monday that I do not have power steering fluid, that it is all electronic, no wonder why I couldn't find it!
I dropped off the car on Monday and got a call telling me that the steering column needed to be replaced. OK great, it is all under warranty, so I do not worry. While it was there waiting for a part, I asked it they could look at the key's remote start and change the windshield wipers. No problem, it is all covered. It should be! The car is 1 1/2 yrs old and has 10,085 miles!
I call on Tuesday to check how its going. At 4:50pm I was told the steering was fixed but they needed more time with the key and if they could keep it one more day. All right, I have no where to go and nothing to do...yet.
I sleep well, knowing my car will be like new in the afternoon and am happy it isn't costing me a dime.
Today, I call Chevy and ask how its going. I am told that they were still working on the steering, that it was making a scratching noise and that the "clock spring" needed to be replaced. What the heck was that? Whatever, these new cars are a mystery to me. I was told later on that some of these new cars need software updates...what? I need to get an upgrade with an oil change?
I am assured that it will be ready before 3pm.
Donna, Brook and myself then leave the house for the playground for a bit while we wait to hear back.
I got a call at 2pm telling me that it is ready to pick up, yea!
I get to the dealership and get the paperwork, sign and drive away.
As soon as I got in the car the steering wheel started to steer itself...again. This was tested and fixed? It felt worse than when I left it there on Monday!
I call Mark (yes, we are on a first name basis now) and tell him that not only did the steering wheel move on its own, but it kept on shaking when I turned OFF the car!
He tells me it must be possessed and an exorcism is in order! We discussed our options and we came to an agreement, we needed an Old Priest and a New Priest. But seriously, he offered me a rental because I needed a car tomorrow to babysit for my sisters kids so she could go on an interview.
I agreed and drove back to Chevy to drop off the car, again, and went to Enterprise for my rental (on Chevy, no wonder why they needed government help). I really wanted to try a PT Cruiser, but Chevy only pays for Chevy. Makes sense. They don't want you to fall in love with another companies car now. So I am offered the Aveo or the Cobalt. Both too small and not even comparable to my Malibu. Then the agent says, I have an HHR. HHR? I never even heard of this Chevy make before today.
I loved it when I saw it! I want it I say...wrap it up.
Good thing Chevy was paying for this because the whole process took 1 1/2 hrs to finalize!
1/2 hour at the dealership and 1 hour at Enterprise. Thankfully Brook was with Pipa and Grammy, she would have been complaining the entire time!
I may have even gotten Donna a summer job there! Washing cars...hey, not the most attractive job, but a job none the less. We'll see.
This is the HHR, if you were wondering:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like it!

Pray for me and my Malibu, that it gets fixed once and for all.

No comments: