Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Train Tuesday

Photobucket


Today was the day that I actually found out how much the fares for the Metro North RR went up.

First, I was lucky enough that I had an extra quarter this morning for the bus (this went up from $2.00 to $2.25). Not a terrible increase when gas prices here in New Rochelle range from $2.89-$2.97 for regular unleaded.

I got to the station and checked out the new prices and they only went up $1.00 each way, I shouldn't say only. Instead of $15.50 round trip, I will be forking over $17.00. So my commute is costing me close to $20.00 bucks (with the bus and the train together).

Thankfully, I only work on Train Tuesday in NYC.

I will be looking for another job soon if Donna doesn't get one. In this economy, I cannot afford to stay home anymore . Donna's job will be to watch her sister and go to Camp Cathy and I (say a prayer) will be looking for a full time job. Enough of this part time, 2 days a week crap!
Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I do not love being broke all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful, the last time you had a full time job you got pregnant!

in fact, if my memory serves me correctly, your last full time job before that, you got pregnant...

should I be expecting a third niece?

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

Hail no! lmao