Monday, June 29, 2009

Better late than never...

June 23rd, 2009 was my cousin Carolyn's 40th birthday!
Happy Birthday...again.
As I always do (thanks to the internet and Facebook) I wished my cuz a Happy Birthday to her, I actually sang it (if you know the tune, feel free to sing along).
I didn't get to her party because Brook had 3 activities the same day (one got canceled due to rain, but she did have 3 events). My other cousin Debbie (who I work with in NYC) comes to me two Tuesday's ago and asks me if I would like to come to Newport RI with her to celebrate Carolyn's 40th. No brainer there, hell yeah I wanna go!
So I didn't feel so bad about missing her party!
Not only did we have a great time this weekend, I got a good workout.
We went on the famous Cliffwalk and are my limbs rubbery!
This is a little of what I saw, since my favorite cousins both left me in their dust (I am a slow poke, but they are seasoned runners, very unlike myself).




I did 6 miles the first day there and 2 miles the 2nd day there.
I got some great shots of the flora, the walk and the beautiful mansions.
The second day there, Carolyn's 6 girlfriends came to spend the night and party with the birthday girl and I have to say, she is a very lucky gal to have so many great girls in her life!
All of them were a laugh a minute and we had some great food, great alcohol and great convo.

Thanks Deb for inviting me and Thanks to the birthday girl for having me along for the adventure!
Glad to have shared it with you all!

No comments: