Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Train Tuesday

Photobucket

Another hot day was predicted today and the train car I entered was like a refrigerator walk in box, not that I am complaining at all...but it wasn't the heat of the day yet, it was 8:15am! I am praying now that it will be this way when I catch my train home.
No such luck...I was on the train to hell!
Not only was every other car a "hot car", the conductor evidently just got his train license. I, of course, get in a hot car (being punished for even thinking it was too cold this morning) and about 45 seconds after departure the train comes to an abrupt stop.
Then, off we go again...then 30 seconds later another abrupt stop. Not only is this car I am in a hot car, but packed with commuters hovering over me and almost knocking into me and my hot coffee!
WTH?
Did I mention that I was in a single seat? It was one near the door where the ticket collector used to be able to sit. I love this seat because it is roomy, but not this evening! Since it was so packed there were people standing all over the car itself and me. I had a nice view of the crotchial area of the
gentleman standing in front of me, as well as his BO...It was a brutal day after all.
We are passing 125th street now and low and behold, the train abruptly stops 5 minutes after passing said station stop. It was a rough and tumble bumpy ride the whole rest of the way and I was, quite frankly, a bit nervous, but I continued to read (The Time Travelers Wife, brilliant, so far) to keep my mind off the ride to hell.
Now, could things get any worse?
Yeah, much... I am told at the station before mine that the 2 head cars will not open at my stop...Nice of them to give us some advance notice.
So I had to get up, put my book away, pick up my coffee and walk down 2 cars (I was in the head car, of course).
I then get a phone call from my oldest telling me that a french fry is burning in the oven and what should she do, as I am walking through a crowded train with hot coffee and now a cell phone to my ear...
First I told her to shut off the oven (duh), try to fish out the flaming fry with a glove on and tongs, if it was still burning, get a cup of water and throw it directly in the oven!
Geeze. Twenty somethings...
She tells me that it just put it self out and she took the fries out of the oven and she wasn't going near it again!
Emergency diverted.
Finally home and off to an almost burned down house!
Something to look forward to, since I have truly arrived in HELL!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have concerns about that girl...