Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vin's Childhood Prediction

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (our childhood) my brother Vinnie (vinniecosta.com) predicted that he would be the "famous one" and I would be the "rich one" when we "grow up"...
Does anyone ever really grow up?

I truly am rich, but not the monetary way by any means (hopefully to change real soon!)
and technically my brother is famous (5 Takes Latin America) seen on the Travel Channel & Bartender Wars (can be seen on the Fine Living Channel) on Cable TV.

I got an email from the president of the NRAA to email all the members about an upcoming Collage show in New Rochelle. I sent it out and thought about submitting my recent work to see if this is what they were looking for.
I email the curator of the Backstreet Gallery (as instructed) with a JPG of any collage themed piece and hope to hear from him.
I didn't hear back from him, however, I hear back from Jonathan Talbot (http://www.talbot1.com/), the curator of the "Bits and Pieces" Collage show.
He was very interested in the piece I originally submitted and wanted to know if I had more. I actually was working on two other pieces that very day and finished them both.
I was told to email the others when they were done and he would get back to me and also how many post cards would I be needing, totally free (except postage)!
I email him and am waiting to hear back.

Wow, I think, I was just invited to be in the Bits and Pieces Collage Show (in October).

If I make it in, you dear readers will be getting a post card from me with all the details.
Wish me luck.
This is what I submitted:

Photobucket
Docked


Photobucket
My New York

Photobucket
Seaside

All are for sale for $200.00 each or $500.00 for the three.

So does that mean I could become the Rich AND Famous one? Thanks Vin, your prediction is finally coming true!





No comments: