Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reward/Club card addiction?

I was in the shower the other day, (I do shower every day), but it was the other day, I was thinking.
I have so many "Rewards", "Club" cards attached to my key chain.

It seems that ALL retailers all are following in CVS's footsteps (that was the first "rewards" card I received). Then came the A & P, Stop & Shop, Borders, Staples, Library Card, Best Buy, Duane Reed...the list goes on!

The retail industry is using these to track us I believe...track our spending and then rewarding us will free gum or $2.00 off our entire shopping order!

I had to detach my keys from the bundle of cards I have acquired over the years from various retailers that I frequent often, or just once in a blue moon because I had more of them than keys!.

Photobucket

These now live in my pocket book, in their own compartment!

Just an observation on my part, do you suffer from Reward/Club card addiction?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just saying to myself the other day, "Self," I always call myself 'Self' when speaking to myself, I said, "Self, you have far too many club cards!"

I don't have as many as you, 'cause I only go to one grocery store...but it's getting ridiculous!