Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am inspired!

I thought I would never sit down yesterday, but I was pleasantly surprised with myself for not losing it!

Saturday

9:35 AM -

Get in the car and drive to T-Ball

10 AM -

T-Ball, in the rain, but then no rain and just fog that rolled in onto the field like a sheet on an outdoor clothes line flapping in the wind. The game was actually entertaining, but not a good photo opp due to the inclement weather.

11:20 AM -

Game over but now we have about an hour to kill before soccer, which is held in the back field at the middle school just 2 minutes down the street from the T-Ball field we just finished playing at.
See friends from school and parents who I actually like and thought, why not watch their game a bit and have our lunch and change for soccer (not in that order, but all could get done in a lot less than an hour). And that is just what we did.

12:20 PM -

With lunch in our tummy's and all dressed and ready for soccer, we get to the field and are ready to play.
Great clinic (the kids call it practice, the adults call it the soccer clinic because it is 1/2 hour of teaching time by pro soccer players and coaches).
Great game! One of the best I have seen, they are starting to get the hang of "finding space" which is a hard thing to do with Kindergarten age girls.

1:40 PM -

Soccer is over and we are in the car. I call mom to see if she is ready for me to pick her up for an Open Studio day at the Arts Center of Westchester. I have a friend who has a studio there and I really wanted to see her work and to bring mom along to get inspired!

1:55 PM -

I have to pee. 24 ounces of DD will do that to ya. Mom is sitting on the steps and the house is all locked up...oh well, I can hold it till I get home. She opens the back door of the car to kiss Brook hello as I yell at her to get in the car or I am gonna go in my pants...she got in quick.
Does she offer to open the house? No, but that's okay, I have to go into my house anyway to bring Brook upstairs so I can take mom to the Arts Center and try to get home at a decent hour to order pizza.

2:20 PM -

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Off to White Plains

2:50 PM -

We have made it to the Center and look at the newest exhibition entitled : RUBBISH! Art and the Ecosystem and then up to the Open Studio's of other Westchester Artists, Photographers and Printers! Oh my.
I met an artist that I particularly liked and was so inspired by her work and told her that I have always wanted to do that myself, I just was never to sure as to how to begin and now I do!
It is drawing, watercolor, paper and Cutting scraps and everything I love all in one!
I was so inspired, by my friend's work and her kind words to me after telling her of all of my doubts as an artist and what my roll at the Association is and how much I have inside of me that wants to just get out after being dormant for so many years.
Mind you, I have always stayed in touch with things Art and what is out there (somewhat), I have also kept up with the crafts for school all throughout the Donna years and now the Brook years, uh, the present. But now I am feeling so much more, and hopefully sooner than later, my precious few readers, I will show you what I mean, through my art!
Here's to inspiration! And it came to me all before 5:40 PM!






No comments: