Friday, May 29, 2009

Picking up Donna

Since I have been so busy lately, I have been neglecting my blog...sorry bloggers.
I have been a bad blogger.

Last Thursday I was thrilled to get in my car and drive however many miles to Oneonta, NY to pick up my eldest from college.
This is a photo journal of what I saw along the way and back home again.

The road to Oneonta begins over the Tappan Zee Bridge...

Photobucket

Along the way, I kept the camera on the passenger seat because of all the great photo opps along the way like this farm I passed...

Photobucket

Donna wanted to stop at a place called "Pie in the Sky" a renovated barn/ice cream shop/country store/all around cool place! Good thing we were there on a Thursday!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


What fun, the ice cream was dee-licious!

We got back on the road and saw these great tractors...


Photobucket

These reminded me of the Disney movie "Cars" when they went tractor tipping, too funny. If you have not see "Cars" I suggest you do (shameless plug for Disney).

We arrived home at 9:30pm and the very next day left for LBI (on Memorial Day week-end), yeah, into Memorial Day traffic. It too me longer to get to LBI than it did getting to Oneonta!
I put approx. 600 miles on my car in one weekend and did ALL the driving myself, no wonder why my butt still hurts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a pie in the sky!