Sunday, October 12, 2008

For the Love of Autumn

A wonderful title, to a wonderful new children's book, by renown author Patricia Polacco spoke...

Photobucket

Today at...

Photobucket

A wonderful little local bookstore in Larchmont, NY. They hosted Ms Polacco to promote her newest book "For the Love of Autumn".
Brook and I visited this afternoon to buy our copy and have it signed by the author herself.

Photobucket

She spoke of religion, herself, her growing up, her education and her favorite teacher who literally saved her life, and where the inspiration for this particular story came from.
It was very enlightening and Brook loved the Halloween sprinkled butter cookie bombs that were left out for all the patrons of the event as well as the apple cider.

Ms. Polacco then signed lots of books for all her adoring fans. The line literally was out the door! She is much more popular than I had imagined and I was happy to have made the time to bring Brook to such an educational event.

If you have time, visit her website and see how many stories you may have read of hers!

http://www.patriciapolacco.com/author/index.html

After she signed our copy, we left for the playground.

We played here for a while.

Photobucket


Photobucket

When the fun wore off we went to Grammy and PiPa's house (aka, Mom and Pop's) for a Autumn Barbecue.
For an impromptu meal, we really made out with a menu of London Broil, General Tso's BBQ Marinated Chicken and Stuffed Salmon, all grilled to perfection by yours truly (patting herself on the shoulder).
I also made a three bean salad, that if I do say so myself, was deeelectable!

Whist at Mom and Pop's I was compelled to take photos of my Dad's garden flowers that are still flourishing! This unusually warm October has really put a damper on my Halloween decorating.
My Petunias are now adorned with ghouls and goblins intermingled together, like Spring and Autumn all rolled up into one multi-grain wrap with honey mustard!
WTH?
I digress, I decorate, I digest.

I click away.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I am thinking of printing this last one for my dad for Christmas, maybe a nice size, 11 x 14 maybe.

I love his flowers!

Photobucket

Now, if anyone knows what this Italian Fruit tree is (above photo), I sure would like to know. This plant originated in Calabria, Italy, imported in by my uncle in his suitcase amongst his socks, wheel of cheeses and bottles of wine wrapped in dish towels (that I absolutely love using in my own kitchen).
Please share your opinions if you know what type of "fruit tree" this is. I think they are part of the date family, but I could be mistaken.

All in all it was a wonderful day.




No comments: