Friday, October 3, 2008

Its Donna's 20th Birthday


A Birthday Poem for my Donna:

For a sparkling girl of 20
Who with her charm and smile alone
Can light up all the candles on her cake
Without using not one match


I love that girl named Donna
She is my first
My friend
My daughter, my once little girl

Who is little no more
Now all grown up
How the time just disappeared
So quickly, swiftly, lost

Nothing but wonderful memories
That fill my days
With the first lost tooth
to the first date

From Elementary school stepping up
to High School Graduation
A junior now in college
What a super road to take

A future Artist?
A future Teacher?
A future that is open
to every possibility, you'll know just what to do

Happy Birthday to my Donna
My first
My friend
My daughter.

I love you and miss you today more than I can say. I am sure you are having a fabulous day and an even more fabulous evening.

Don't "party" too hardy, and remember to wear clean underwear just in case!
LOVE YOU!
M





2 comments:

Donna said...

aww thank you

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

You are more than welcome!
I love you more than my luggage!