Thursday, October 23, 2008

It must be something that is going around

I have been sick now for about 3 days and my head feels like it is ready to explode!

I have a scratchy throat, stuffyness, head ache and post nasal drip that doesn't help the scratchy throat at all!

I will survive, I know this, but it is the first "cold" I have gotten since quitting smoking over a year and a half ago (19 months, 19 days ago, I won't go into minutes or seconds because as I said before...my head feels like it is about to explode).

I have kept myself busy all 3 days and think it started at the Mall.

Monday was Donna and Cheryl's last day here at home from October break and I talked them out of going to NYC and spend the day Mall shopping at the Galleria in White Plains.

I got my Halloween costume (my absolute favorite holiday) thank goodness, because I need it for tomorrow nights Halloween Party at Jefferson School and of course for next week for trick or treating.

I am going as Harley Quinn (The Jokers Girlfriend)

Harley Quinn Pictures, Images and Photos

I didn't get the tight fitting body suit (my body doesn't fit into that), but found a great evil jester costume that was black and red and had the cool hat. I had to make a few adjustments to it, but it works well. Keep an eye out for me for Photo Phriday.

We shopped till we dropped and had to pick up Brook from school when I started to feel it...feel the scratch in my throat. I chalked it up to a busy weekend and not stop shopping. I said my goodnights early and passed out at 11 pm that night.

Tuesday, Brook's class went apple picking at Stuart Farm in Granite Springs, NY.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a lovely orchard and farm! Of course I attended this event (thanks Deb, for the day off, it was most appreciated) and it was a lovely cool, damp day, not so good for the scratchy throat that turned into stuffy head and nose dripping.
It drizzled a bit, but not really a rain per say, but we got a wee bit wet around the edges. I fell asleep on the bus ride home, how? With all the kids chatter it kind of lulled me to pass out cold!
I baked 2 apple pies and an apple crumb that evening before dinner, just to get it out of the way for Thursdays APPLE FEST, a fundraiser for the Kindergarten class. I donated the apple crisp and one pie (I had to keep one for us or Anthony would have been pee-ooed).
That night was a killer, it always feels worse at night for some reason.

Wednesday was Brook's dentist appointment at 8:30am. She had not one, but Three cavities filled! Three! I am, and have been so careful with this child's sugar intake but it just doesn't seem to matter because she had THREE cavities filled!
She really was a trooper for sure.
She held my hand the entire time and maybe squeezed it once, she didn't even flinch when she got the needle. He was able to fill the top two with no Novocaine, but the bottom tooth was a bit deeper and she needed the shot.
She was fine afterwords and said she wanted to go to school, so I called my Dad and told him he was on to pick her up from school and I was off to work.
I got in by 11:45am and left at 7:15pm.
By 5 pm my head was getting heavy but the work kept me non stop busy, I only sat down once because at one point I got so hot that I was sweating profusely! I thought for sure I was going to sweat this nastiness right out of me...but alas, it was worse when I got home.
I ate dinner at 9pm, an egg on a multigrain English muffin that was yummy and delicious and that's when the stuffiness was at its worst.
I passed out again by 11:40pm.

I got up stuffed and groggy, but on time at 7:06 am, got Brook's clothing out for her to get dressed, made breakfast, coffee, paid bills online, checked my mail, and off to school by 8:15am.
I went to D & D for more coffee and made a deposit at the bank and here I am, blogging, with the box of tissues right next to me.
I hope this goes away soon, I have a party to go to tomorrow night!
It must be something that is going around because everyone I talk to has some kind of ailment!
Feel better all, me included. I am taking a nap!

3 comments:

Donna said...

wow...im glad me and cheryl left when we did lol feel better!

Jennifer Prescott said...

eek! I hope you are feeling better soon. maybe a big cup of SOUP? and hot chocolate?

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

@ Donna

I know and thanks!

@ Jen

I have been eating nothing but soup and tea...hot chocolate just makes me phlegmy lol. Thank goodness I am feeling much better!