Saturday, March 14, 2009

"I would be honored"

I had a message on my answering machine the other day (because I lead such a busy life already, I am never home anymore) from a woman named Reggie Turkington from the New Rochelle Art Association. I thought there must have been a problem with my membership and called her back right away.
To my surprise, she asked if I would care to be Secretary for the Association. Imagine that, I would have never thought that!

I gladly accepted without even asking about what it entailed and then thought, I really should ask about the position before I accept it...

I was told that Jesse Sanchez (the President) would call to explain it all to me. He called the next day and was thrilled that I had accepted and told me all about the position.
Basically, we meet 4-5 times a year and I would be responsible for taking the minutes and notes about what we discuss for the newsletter and such. Just like what I did for the PTA last year at Barnard School.
I accepted and am now the official Secretary for the New Rochelle Art Association!

(http://www.nraaonline.org/).

Thank goodness we are working with a web designer to update the website. The current site leaves a little to be desired, but the new designs are fresh and good looking.

Since becoming Secretary, I have gotten several emails with the new web design and have shared my thoughts about it. This is truly and honor.

The next show for members is April 4th-25th and I am feverishly working on a few pieces for this show.
The Jury Selection for Prospective Members is April 11th-from 10am-11:30am. So if you are interested in becoming a member of The New Rochelle Art Association, come on down to the New Rochelle Public Library and bring it, and by bringing it I mean your ART!

No comments: