Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Juried Art Show

Saturday is the day of the New Rochelle Juried Art Show selection. If selected, my photos will be on display and for sale at the NR Public Library.

I am nervous.

I have never "showed" my work to anyone other than my friends and family and to the online community that follow my blog (presently I have just 1 and only follower...hint hint...follow me!) and it is a little nerve racking.

I think what I fear most is rejection. I don't think they will be rejected, but there is still a chance that they will not be accepted.
The Jury consists of 5 judges and they will be making the final decision that very day 9/20/08.

I am confident that I picked the right photos to show and they are double matted and framed in a "studio" black frame. If selected, the show will be from
9/25/08-10/18/08 which is very exciting.
The more time up, the more admirers I receive, just that much more exposure.

I will be sure to let you all know how it went...good news or bad.

I also find out about the Teacher Assistant Certification on the 22nd (unofficial online score anyway). That is even more exciting. Then I can get the ball rolling with interviewing and putting in applications to the local schools.

The anticipation is killing me people...wish me luck and say a little prayer for me.




These are the photos I chose to show (mind you, they are in their "raw form"):

Polar Reflection

Photobucket

Little Lady Bugs

a mess of lady bugs

Did I make the right choices? Please, let me know.





5 comments:

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

PLEASE NOTE:

I need help making my photos fit on the page better...how is this achieved?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cristina,
I thought you were going to use the lady bug one where there were 3 kind of piled on each other. You should use that one!

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

@ Suzie

I used the other one because it was sharper, Unfortunately, the blog cut the pictures off...I need help resizing.

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

To all:

I edited the photos and it was real easy!
I did it on Photobucket (one of my very favorite sites) and now my photos will look so uniform and perfectly sized!

Donna said...

you should have put in some of your flower picsaa