Thursday, September 25, 2008

So much news, so little time...

For all of you who follow my blog you already know that I passed my Teacher Assistant Certification Test...Go me.

To follow up, I sent a few well placed emails to the right people and got a whole lot of information on how to get started with getting into the public school system.
There really isn't that much to do, but it is still a "process".

First, I called Dr. Pisani from Barnard School.
She directed me to the NR Board of Ed at City Hall to start.
I knew I needed to start here, but who to speak to was a mystery, until now.
I have a contact name and I am on a mission to start the "approval application process" this afternoon.
Before I can get on a Substitute/ T. Assistant list I need to do a few things first.
I was told to bring all the paperwork I had for the application, transcripts, test results, fingerprint report (I didn't get my college transcripts yet or a fingerprint report, although I did get fingerprinted the day of the test on 8/23/08).
I have a call out to the registrar's office at Pratt and am hoping they have mailed my transcripts that I requested over a month ago and paid for!
I hope they can wait for that documentation, if not, I will find out this afternoon.
Wish me luck!
________________________________________________________________________

If you all don't know I also got in to the 93rd Juried Art Exhibition at the Library!
I am so thrilled.

Photobucket

It is an honor to be recognized as an "Artist" and I am proud to shout it out to the whole world that I am!
I feel this is a stepping stone to bigger and better things and to take my hobby to the next level.
It really is exciting to be in the public's view from 9/20-10/18/08, so if you are in the area, pop into the NR Public Library and check it out in person.
There is a lot of local talent out here and I am proud to say I am part of that community.
__________________________________________________________________________

I must give thanks to all who made my 42nd birthday extraordinary!

Photobucket

To Anna and Cathy, for the coffee, breakfast and for coming to the library to see my work.



Photobucket

Photobucket

To Vin for the Wicked tickets and a great evening!

Photobucket



To my cousin Debbie, for the wonderful dinner at Hakata Grill in NYC, some of the best sushi I have ever had (Sarah, we must go here one day).

And for my cousin Debbie again for this....



My name in lights on BROADWAY! This was AWESOME! probably just as awesome as the show.

Thank you to, Donna, Brook, Anthony, Sarah, Steve, Gayle, Joe, Mom, Dad, Mom and Tom, and all the callers and well wishers on my birthday.
Thank you to all who commented me here on Facebook and on MySpace. I am truly blessed with the greatest of friends and family!

I couldn't have had a better time!
Thank you all!




My Wicked Birthday was wicked indeed!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your name in lights-how GREAT was that!
Sounds like you had a Fab time for a Fab girl (yes, a girl-even at 42).
Congrats on getting the show. I cna't be there but I'm sure it will a great success. You are always an artist in mind but I bet it's nice to get validation. SELL SELL SELL :)

X-Stina's X-Ploits said...

That was the coolest!
Thanks for the well wishes, too bad you won't be around, but I am sure there will be more shows to come.
It does feel good to be validated and I am hoping to Sell!!!