Saturday, April 25, 2009

The 70's

I was in a writing mood but was lacking subjects so I requested my FB family to send me ideas for my blog, here is idea # 2.

Thanks to:

Ellen Spafford
Ellen S

For her topic idea.




The 70's for me was my early childhood, a time when there was no computer or cable TV or cell phones...a whole lot of no this's and that's to tell you the truth.

70's kids rode bikes with no helmets (and didn't die).
70's kids paid .93 cents for a hamburger, fries and a small soda at McDonalds, not Micky Dees, Mc Donalds, thank you.
70's kids played outside in the "hood" with their "buddies" and said stuff like "Oh snap" and "Psyche"
We watched Laugh In, Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons and often used the term "Good night John Boy" to any or all of the family members we said Goodnight to!
We saw Star Wars (Episode IV and wondered where I II and III were lost to), but loved it and walked around with our light sabres and quoted Obi Wan famous last words, "Use the Force Luke".
CB radios were the 70's iPods and every household was Ten four'ing ALL their good buddies.
I remember it being a simpler time, at least for me.

Even our toys were no frills.


pet rock Pictures, Images and Photos

Pet Rocks
were a fad that didn't last long, but hit hard! My mom wouldn't spring for one of these things, so I went behind the house and found my own pet and adopted it!


Farrah Fawcett Pictures, Images and Photos

In the October 1976 issue of
Teen Beat Magazine shows you exactly how to cut and set your hair just like Farrah Fawcett's! I do not know one girl who didn't want that cut, except for the short hair girls who wanted the Dorothy Hamill bowl cut!

Dorothy Hamill Pictures, Images and Photos


I was 4 when the 70's revolution started and was 14 when they ended. Through my child eyes, thats what stood out.


Tune in tomorrow to read Topic # 3 submitted by:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!
Can't say I had a pet rock but the playing outside and being called in for dinner by a bellowing Mom rings a bell.
Can't wait to see what you do to the teenage/high school years.


I'll have to check back for accuracy-LOL!
Maria