Monday, April 13, 2009

It is official, I am the Secretary

The first meeting of the New Rochelle Art Association was tonight and I was there, ready, with pen and paper. I am hoping that I made a good first impression and got busy taking notes and reading the minutes from the last meeting of October 2008. The ballot was read and it was official. I am the new secretary for the Art Association. I also found out that my daughter Donna has been accepted for an internship this summer! Hopefully starting in June! Sweet.
We then discussed current events and what was happening now and for future shows. The one I cannot wait for is in Chelsea, NYC! November 3-14th. I will be there and will keep you posted on that one.
The room was packed with members and I noticed that I may have been the youngest member there, kinda felt humbling in a way. Young, new to the Association and back in the art world from being away from it for so long. I wonder if I truly belong? I hope so, because it makes me so happy to have people see my photos and admire them as much as I do.
I met the "crew" and I found that everyone was nice and for artists, more businesslike than anything...until after the meeting.
I chatted with a member of 45 years and she was like a breath of fresh air.
Alive, brilliant and so talented. She even took 3rd place in the current show at the NRPL
(Dermot Gale Award Show for Members - April 4 - 25, 2009).
Make sure if you are in the area to check it out! It is a great show and there really are so many talented artists right here in New Rochelle!
The meeting actually lasted a little over an hour and I am afraid I didn't get to chat with the former secretary at all. Thank goodness for e-mail!
Here's to the new venture!


No comments: